'90 Corsica brake light replacement

My car was recently struck while parked, resulting in the left rear brake light being blown. I've taken the assembly out and attempted to replace the bulb, but it just doesn't want to come out, which has me
thinking, do I need to replace the tail light holder and all, or should I take some pliers to the stubborn bulb? Thanks!

You can't get the bulb out of the socket or you can't get the socket out of the housing?
Steve
The bulb out of the socket, is it meant to screw out? I just don't want to cause any damage by trying to apply force if the socket and all are supposed to be replaced.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The bulb will push IN a bit then turn COUNTER CLOCKWISE to remove it. No screw in bulbs on a vehicle. If it is rust/corroded in then you may need to break the glass bulb and grab the base with pliers to push and turn.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York