Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

chevy venture 3.4L confusion
I have an issue with a chevy venture with a 3.4L engine with 144000 miles. Light came on after an oil change after warming it up. Dealer checked it, said 0 PSI at idle. Car sat for a month. Changed...
7
7

hard start after intake gasket replacement 98 Jimmy
98 Jimmy. Replaced the intake gasket and it now starts hard. At first I thought the timing was off so I rechecked the distributator and it is right on. After it starts it runs great only thing is...
8
8

GM's Volt of enlightenment
GM's Volt of enlightenment Wed, Jun 24, 2009 Few have been let behind the wheel of GM's new electric plug-in family car but CHELSEA SEXTON got the chance to spend a day behind the wheel of the...
2
2

Toyota blocking this Danica Patrick commercial
Yeah, I don't think Toyota's Lexus has anything to compete against a vintage Mustang. ;) Check out the video: "GoDaddy was to air its "Speeding" commercial twice during the United States Open this...
17
17

Opinions on oil life...
2007 Cobalt, 37xxx miles, 4 cylinder. Running Mobil 1. Its now, according to the oil change sticker, got 4000 miles on this oil and filter. The DIC says 67% oil life left. About 98% of my driving is...
14
14

Car Buyers Spurn GM, Ford as Japan Brands Retain Aura (Update3)
Car Buyers Spurn GM, Ford as Japan Brands Retain Aura (Update3) June 22 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. automakers spent much of this decade retooling their lineups to offer cars rivaling Toyota Motor Corp.?s...
3
3

Corsica 2.2
A friend found a '91 Corsica with only 72K miles on it, to buy for a daily driver, can probably get it for $900, which is book value. He wanted to know about the 2.2 litre four cylinder in it, which I...
5
5

Funny Tee Shirt
Clothes make the man. But these clothes make the man sad! Our DespairWear t-shirts will make you laugh for literally seconds. Then it's back to your misery.
2
2

flush brake fluid: master cyl and wheel issues
hi, i am in the middle of flushing the brake fluid in my 97 bonneville ssei and have two un expected problems... one how can i clean the master, i cant get to the front res with a tooth brush...does...
7
7

Brake shake with freshly machined rotors?
Hi all, got a bit of a puzzlement. Ever since I've had it, my '08 Impala has had a pronounced steering shimmy under braking - the harder you brake, the more the wheel shakes back and forth. I finally...
122
122

GM faces $250M past due notice
The US taxpayer is dead last. GM faces $250M past due notice bankrupt automaker can pay most parts suppliers. But HP, AT&T and ad agencies not on 'critical vendor' list shouldn't expect GM checks in...
3
3

Changing Battery
Need to get a new battery tomorrow and just wondering if there is any certain procedure for removing old and installing new now a days? This is for a 2004 Pontiac Gran Prix. Thanks.
2
2

GM closes Venezuela plant, fueling economic fears
I wonder why they didn't just shutdown the US and make them all in Venezuela? US is too expensive. closes Venezuela plant, fueling economic fears GM closes Venezuela plant, suspending local car...
12
12

Is your car officially a clunker? Search the database
Is your car officially a clunker? Search the database
8
8

mystery vacuum elbow
hi, while changing the plugs and wires on my 97 bon'eville, i noticed a vac elbow on the bottom of what i believe is the fuel pressure regulator on the "back" of the motor. it had no vac line going to...
7
7