93 Skylark Interior Lights

First post here, and since my car has 195000 miles on it. I may have more questions soon. Ok... 93 Skylar Custom 3.3 litre... Interior lights/dome don't work.
Dash board lights work and dim fine. Fuses are good and all bulbs are good. Has anyone had this problem before and does anyopne know of away to fix it with out running through the wiring of the car? Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Does the dome light only not work via the door switches, or does it also not work when you try to turn it on with the headlight switch/dashlight dimmer? If it works from the dash but does not work when a door opens then replace the door open switches. It would not surprise me that a '93 would need new door switches.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

If your 93 Skylark is like my 93 Olds Achieva, you probably want to get a service manual to figure out the interior lights.
Back behind the instrument panel is a couple of modules - a "convenience center" and the "multi-function alarm module" that handle power going to the interior lights. The car has a feature where it will turn off the interior lights if you leave a door open for more than 20 minutes, or turn on the interior lights if you pull up on the front door handles when the car is locked.
Might want to check your local library - they may have access to AllData where you can look up and research problems on your car.
Hope this helps.
Bob.