94 LeSabre stalls

My 94 Buick LeSabre once in a while stall, usualy starting to go from a stop or light. Then, It will start again, at the first time, and work OK.

Any idea what it could be?

Than you

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Alpha

Might be torque converter. Just a thought. It will get worse in weeks ahead.

____________________________________________________________________________ ___

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Tj

OK, today I drove the car for over an hour with several stops at stores and other places. It did stall twice when starting to move or moving slow. But it also exitated at any speed as if it is going to stall. One of these times in the HighWay, as I pressed the gas pedal, it stuttered some more but it did not stall. Instead it started to work OK and then went whell until my next stop. It seems to do this only when warm (not first time in the morning) and usualy after I am driving it for a minute or so. Then, it continues to run well, sometime to the end of the trip. Other times, after it has gone for 10 or 15 minutes, it will hesitate once or twice and run OK again after that.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Alpha

Do you have overdrive? Try to drive it in regular drive not the d with the circle around it.

____________________________________________________________________________ ___

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Tj

The car does the same thing in drive and overdrive.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Alpha

This could be a number of things. Things I'd probably look at first would be a bad throttle position sensor or MAP sensor.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

snip We have a 95 LeSabre and may have encountered the same.

Does the SES light come on? and then flash and runs rough and stalls? and then stays on constant?

We had a Buick dealer replace both the crank sensor and a electronic module.

Reply to
39 Ply Coupe

The light does not turn on.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Alpha

snip

"Alpha" Talk to either dealer service department or a ASE mechanic. They may suggest a diagnostic scan performed of the system. There is a diagnostic fee. Understand there will be a chance whether or not there are "hard" codes stored. Ideally either SES or Check Engine light should be on. Most technicians will tell you they like to see either SES or Check Engine light on for a better retrieval of any stored "hard" code(s).

Reply to
39 Ply Coupe