98 Jimmy intake gasket

Looks like my 98 GMC intake gasket is leaking. No money to get it fixed right now. I hope to wait till warm weather and attempt it myself. Do you think bars aluminum leak stop would be a temp fix for a couple months?

I did flush out the dex cool two years ago and replaced it with green.

I tried bar's water pump lube and sealent on my daughter's Saturn a few weeks ago. It did not work, I still had to replace the pump. Very small off and on leak. ernie
I believe most or all GM cars with plastic gaskets come with stop leak in them from the factory. The shops in town here use the brown pellet kind you crush up. They actually use them when doing there coolant flushes on gm cars. So give it a try but keep a good eye on it.
what would be the best to use the brown type or the aluminum

I'm not sure what the aluminum kind is. If it is really thick I would stay away from it. You could end up blocking your heater core with it.

Any time I've seen Barr's put into an engine (any type of Barr's), it's resulted in a clogged heater core. I won't use the stuff. Better to fix the problem.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net