98 Jimmy leaking oil cooler lines

I have a Candian 98 Jimmy with 100,000km on it. It regularly leaves oil drips under the oil cooler (in front of the rad). Last time I had it at a garage they told me I needed two new oil cooler lines ($300 total job).
First of all...aren't these just hoses clamped at the cooler? How do they normally leak? Second, how tough is this job?
-Mike-
"Mike" wrote

They are formed metal pipes with some flexible hose in between the two pipe ends. The flexible hose is crimped onto the metal pipes...this is where they leak.
I would suggest that you change them right away. I've seen more then a few of these just blow off while a cust is driving. Engine time, if the customer doesn't shut it off right away.
How tough is the job? Not very. If you know what you are doing.
Ian