99 malibu Problems

I was taking the kids somewhere over the weekend which was about 70 miles away.About half way there the transmission started acting up if you stopped at a stop light then go the car didnt want to go it would
make a whining sound but when you got to about 40 you was fine it ran great.Then the good ole check engine light came on.So the next day I had the code pulled and it was P0742 and was told it was the TCC stuck on. I been told that it might not even be that it could be a lot of other things if so what? Also was told tho it could be un hooked but was told here recently you cant on this car.If I let it warm up and kind of rev it up a few times before I take off its ok but if I dont it dont want to go.Also the check engine light went out sunday and hasnt been on since.Of course I havent drove it very far since this has been going on.Your opinion and help would be very much appreciated.I called 4 shops today and they all said they dont do that kind of work if it is the Tcc cause its alot of major work and a pain.Thanks in advance.
Get it to a trans shop they have a scanner that will tell them exactly wht the issue is as it is road tested, no other way here.

-