Toyota Quality Slips Again

Seems like the Japs have forgotten what we taught them about building cars.

?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?@@@@@@@@@@?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/You should never confuse the issue by injecting the truth. ~ unknown ~

Reply to
James Fedorawicz

I would have much more faith in Toyota's ability to correct problems than GM's. When GM (read Detroit) can consistently, repeat consistently, maintain a good quality level then I would take them seriously. Detroit's problem has long been maintaining quality at a good level rather than the "flash in the pan" that they can indeed achieve. Unfortunately for Detroit-quality is the occasional exception whereas with Toyota/Honda quality is the norm with occasional hiccups.

One thing Detroit has achieved through the years is a high level of permanently ticked off *former* customers that do not even consider Detroit when looking for a new vehicle.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

No Way

What's you point? What about people like me who buy new cars very often and have been permanently ticked off by Toyotas Lexus brand and do not even consider imports when looking for a new vehicle? ;)

mike

Mike Hunter

Some sucker has to keep GM afloat. Guess that's you.

Brent

One is free to spend their money were they wish, but when it come to who buys what, more buyers in the US prefer GM vehicles than Toyota vehicles.

Personally I own two vehicles, a 2007 and a 2008, neither were made by GM. My last import was a 97 Lexus. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

This statement is almost becoming cliche-ish, whenever quality problems by Toyota are mentioned.

When GM (read Detroit) can consistently, repeat

Whenever you admit that Detroit DOES put out a damned-good product, I will take YOU seriously.

Detroit's problem has long been maintaining quality at a

I'm afraid those "hiccups" are happening more and more frequently.

Reply to
coachrose13

I guess there's two of us out there.

Reply to
coachrose13

Make that three. You couldn't pay me enough to buy a current Toyota. GM's are far more attractive, IMHO.

Reply to
80 Knight

Hey, I've had 13 GM's.....I don't like Toyota/Lexus at all. IMO very bland cars. I'm more of a Infinti/Nissan guy at this point although I do like some of the Honda/Acura stuff.

GM continues to disappoint me...the only thing they make that even looks remotely interesting is the G8, but I've yet to see one on the street or see a commercial for one.

Brent

Toyota is pricing themselves right out of the big truck market. You would have to be crazy to pay $40k to $50k for a truck. Guess you could lease one if you never want to own anything and enjoy making payments for nothing. Kinda like the housing market!

Chevy Man

The G8 looks awesome, but isn't due out for a while.

Reply to
80 Knight

What do you mean by the "making payments for nothing," comment?

mike

Mike Hunter

I guess if they really get shitty enough, it will be hard to differentiate them from GM and Ford.

Reply to
NickySantoro