ABS ?

I have a sensor on my 98 Jimmy that the wire has broken. My wife needs to use it and I don't have time to fix it until this weekend. Can I remove the
fuse to deactivate the system and make the repair later.
I would just remove the big fuse under the hood, dont remove the one from the little fuse panel beside the drivers door, then the cruise wont work either.

nothing needs removed. ABS is now inactive. normal hydraulic brakes are active...........you would want to insulate broken wire as not to get any shorts that MIGHT confuse brake system.............kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

They are designed to activate when a wheel is ready to lock up, be the road dry or wet. Hit the brakes hard enough and it will activate.
I will explain a little better with the bad sensor the ABS was activating even with slight brake pressure on dry pavement. That is why I wanted to disconnect them till I can fix the sensor

You can still drive it with no problems. You simply won't have a functioning ABS should an emergency situation arise, but then again, it will be no different than a vehicle that does not have ABS.
Willy