AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

Does anybody know how to decipher the date codes on an AC Delco Battery ???. I have checked around on the Web and i get nothing but wrong answers. Does anybody here know how to read the codes? Thankyou Cadillac Deville : The Code for my AC Delco 7 yr 78-7R Professional Battery in my car is ON STICKER = 052C ON The Battery Case = 2BC Serial #098597

I checked 2 batteries I have and I know when they were purchsed, 4f on the intersate is june 2004, pretty sure you have 5th week, 2002, march,= 052c.

-

Im looking for my receipt when i bought the battery to see if the date is close to that - If I can find the receipt.... Brian - Las Vegas

Is that the correct way to read the Date codes on Delco and all other Manufactures of Car Batteries ???. also What other batteries do you recommend then Delco ????. Brian Bower - Las Vegas

By the point of view of a GM Tech AC Delco but, any battery will due. the right way to rated it is by the cold cracking amps. and checking it by a good load test. And to answer your question on how to check the codes you will need a $500.00 Micronics battery tester that dealers have for that purpose.

$500.00 to check the battery date codes ????? Brian - Las Vegas

My Brother just bought a new AC Delco Battery and it Does Not have the Green Eye Battery Indicator on the Battery. Is AC Delco not putting these indicators on the battery anymore ???. If AC Delco has stopped putting the Green Indicator on the Batteries now is their another Brand of Batteries that has the Green Eye indicator on them. If so what Brands ???

Oddly enough my 2003 Honda came with a green-eye type battery from the factory! I think that Delphi sold off their battery making operations to Johnson Controls and that Johnson makes the OEM batteries for Honda. I'm sure they must also sell them under other brands.

I guess you could go to a Honda dealer parts counter :(.

AC-Delco isn't a manufacturer of anything anymore, it is simply the name GM puts on it's aftermarket parts, and they source those parts from whoever wherever. Most AC-Delco filters these days, for example, are made by Champions Labs and are very similar to the STP branded ones Champion sells.

John

so ac delco does not make their own batteries anymore ??? now i may have to switch brands

I have given up trying to figure out who makes the various AC-Delco aftermarket products.

I do know that GM first spun it's parts manufacturing businesses out to Delphi, but GM corporate kept the rights to the AC-Delco brand names. Then, Delphi sold the battery making operations to Johnson Controls. I suppose that Johnson probably continued to have some supply contracts with GM, but who knows.

Now AC-Delco has multiple product lines which sell through different distribution channels including the "60 Series" and "Professional" lines. It also is not clear what relationship, if any, these product lines have to the batteries installed in new vehicles at the assembly plant.

At the end of the day it is all rather confusing.

John

"Captain Crane"

Those Green Eye indicators are a waste of time anyway. They only monitor one cell out of 6. Glad to see GM drop them.

Ian