AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

Threaded View

Does anybody know how to decipher the date codes on an AC Delco Battery
???.
I have checked around on the Web and i get nothing but wrong answers.
Does anybody here know how to read the codes?  Thankyou
Cadillac Deville :
The Code for my AC Delco 7 yr 78-7R Professional Battery in my car is
ON STICKER = 052C
ON The Battery Case = 2BC
Serial #098597

Re: AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

I checked 2 batteries I have and I know when they were purchsed, 4f on the
intersate is june 2004, pretty sure you have 5th week, 2002, march,= 052c.

-

Re: AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

Im looking for my receipt when i bought the battery to see if the date
is close to that - If I can find the receipt....
Brian - Las Vegas

Re: AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

Is that the correct way to read the Date codes on Delco and all other
Manufactures of Car Batteries ???.
also What other batteries do you recommend then Delco ????.
Brian Bower - Las Vegas

Re: AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

By the point of view of a GM Tech AC Delco but, any battery will due. the
right way to rated it is by the cold cracking amps. and checking it by a
good load test. And to answer your question on how to check the codes you
will need a $500.00 Micronics battery tester that dealers have for that
purpose.

Re: AC DELCO Battery Date Codes ?

$500.00 to check the battery date codes ?????
Brian - Las Vegas

AC DELCO Batteries. Green Eye Battery check Indicator ?.

My Brother just bought a new AC Delco Battery and it Does Not have the
Green Eye Battery Indicator on the Battery.
Is AC Delco not putting these indicators on the battery anymore ???.
If AC Delco has stopped putting the Green Indicator on the Batteries now
is their another Brand of Batteries that has the Green Eye indicator on
them.  If so what Brands ???

Re: AC DELCO Batteries. Green Eye Battery check Indicator ?.

Oddly enough my 2003 Honda came with a green-eye type battery from the
factory!   I think that Delphi sold off their battery making operations to
Johnson Controls and that Johnson makes the OEM batteries for Honda.   I'm
sure they must also sell them under other brands.

I guess you could go to a Honda dealer parts counter :(.

AC-Delco isn't a manufacturer of anything anymore, it is simply the name GM
puts on it's aftermarket parts, and they source those parts from whoever
wherever.  Most AC-Delco filters these days, for example, are made by
Champions Labs and are very similar to the STP branded ones Champion sells.

John

Re: AC DELCO Batteries. Green Eye Battery check Indicator ?.

so ac delco does not make their own batteries anymore ??? now i may have
to switch brands

Re: AC DELCO Batteries. Green Eye Battery check Indicator ?.

I have given up trying to figure out who makes the various AC-Delco
aftermarket products.

I do know that GM first spun it's parts manufacturing businesses out to
Delphi, but GM corporate kept the rights to the AC-Delco brand names.
Then, Delphi sold the battery making operations to Johnson Controls.    I
suppose that Johnson probably continued to have some supply contracts with
GM, but who knows.

Now AC-Delco has multiple product lines which sell through different
distribution channels including the "60 Series" and "Professional" lines.
It also is not clear what relationship, if any, these product lines have to
the batteries installed in new vehicles at the assembly plant.

At the end of the day it is all rather confusing.

John

Re: AC DELCO Batteries. Green Eye Battery check Indicator ?.

"Captain Crane"

Those Green Eye indicators are a waste of time anyway.  They
only monitor one cell out of 6.  Glad to see GM drop them.

Ian

Site Timeline