allot of $ in my car

Today I put allot of money in my 98 GMC Jimmy. I filled the gas tank.

Tim wrote:

Will your next vehicle be a Vespa?
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Maybe a trifun http://www.trifun.com /
I wonder how that would do in snow.

I just filled up my supercharged (requiring 91 or higher octane) Bonneville too. She had around half a tank, and it cost me $40 (Canadian) because the station had run out of regular, and was selling the 91 octane for the same ($1.242) price :-D

When I had a '92 Park Ave Ultra with a supercharger, I ignored the "required" minimum octane and just threw 87 octane in it. I used 86 if I was by the reservation and they had cheap gas that day. Never had a single problem using the cheap stuff. I put a quarter of a million miles on that car and it never complained once about cheap fuel.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I'll admit, that with gas prices at there current level, I usually do use 87, but I couldn't resist filling it up with the premo, seeing how it was the same price.

Just an opinion, but I've started using only the "good stuff" in my 07 Malbu SS. At only a quarter a gallon more (4.25 vs 4.00 in NYC), the difference in performance and mileage seems to justify its use. I think in the near future, "regular" gas is going to be phased out anyway.
Just an opinion, but I've started using only the "good stuff" in my 07 Malbu SS. At only a quarter a gallon more (4.25 vs 4.00 in NYC), the difference in performance and mileage seems to justify its use. I think in the near future, "regular" gas is going to be phased out anyway.
That would make an interesting observation over time. A good comparison of genuinely documented mileage with 87 compared to premium gas would be worth the read. I had thrown premium in my '92 and never noticed any performance difference. I have a fairly heavy foot and like to feel the push into the seat of a car, but I never noticed any significant difference with different fuels. I recorded the mileage for every tank full of gas, and I never saw any remarkable difference with different gas. I'm a believer that it really takes documented evidence, because we are subjective creatures, and left to our own devices, we will tend to perceive what we want to see, in any given situation, absent documented evidence.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Just an opinion, but I've started using only the "good stuff" in my 07 Malbu SS. At only a quarter a gallon more (4.25 vs 4.00 in NYC), the difference in performance and mileage seems to justify its use. I think in the near future, "regular" gas is going to be phased out anyway. -------------------------------------------------------------------------
I visit www.bonnevilleclub.com quite often, and the members there swear by the 91 octane in the supercharged models. They say exactly what you did, that you get more power and better mileage by using the 91 fuel. In Ontario, 91 is around 11 cents a liter more expensive then 87, so I usually use the 87.
I think in the near future, "regular" gas is going to be phased out anyway.
************************** You mean the gas that 90%+ car on the road use? What will replace it?
wrote in message

Havent you read the posts ? Water is going to be our next great fuel expansion...;>)
Seriously, I cannot see the demise of "regular".

We went to visit friends last night and had about a quarter tank, so wanted to fill up on the way home. First station we passed, Shell, had no gas at all. I have seen this frequently lately.
We finally found one but gas availability has not been a problem here for a long long time.

You could have saved 18% or so by converting to E85. I just did it on my car. E85 is 25% cheaper here. The mpg is 15% less.
No the savings is not 10% but more. Do the math: (gallons E85 per dollar) per (gallons per dollar gasoline) is 4/3, or 33% greater. So you save 33-15=18%.
I converted using a pulse stretcher in the electrical line to the fuel injectors. That lets the fuel management system increase the flow of fuel. Details on request
Ben

Sorry, did it too fast. It is 13%: (1- 0.15)/(1- 0.25) = 1.133 or 0.133 greater.
Ben
If you did it in Canada you'd put even more. If in England......you would have to apply for loan:)