Brake Lines Rusted Thru: Replacement Questions ?

Hello:
Have a '97 Buick LeSabre with about 65K miles on it. Live in Northeast, and car has been garaged, porobably, about 50% of time, although most always in the winter time.
Just had a brake line go out on me, totally, while driving. Quite exciting experience.
Had the burst line replaced, but have been told that all the brake lines are pretty rusty, and they all should be replaced.
Questions, please:
a. Is this fairly "typical" for a car like mine with the mileage I have ?
b. Don't they use stanless steel for these important lines ?
c. Garage says that these lines are not available as exact replacement pre-bent and configured lines, and that they all must be bent to fit. Is this so, or should I go to a regular Buick dealership ? Have been hoping to avoid, due to the costs involved at local Buick dealership.
What should be a typical cost to replace "all" of these lines ?
Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
Thnaks, B.
Do this work in upstate NY every week, stainless lines are not readily available at local stores and are difficult to custom make, my 98 Chevrolet is getting there also. The rust problem is actually worse in a garaged car environement because the salt and dampness accelerates rusting in a warm garage. Left ouside in the cold weather rust is slower to form. All new undrchassis lines, if the bleeders are not frozen, can be a 6 hour job. All the lines have to custom cut, flared and bent to fit.

-
I took every inch of line and coated it with marine grease. Here I am with a 23 year old Chevy and no leaks or rust. I plan to do the same with any vehicle I own. I suggest the poster shop around online for the custom bent lines just to see whether they are available and go from there. They would be available for a Ranger truck, for example, because of the volume. They may not be as available for the Buick. The prebent lines save a ton of labor and provide a much better job.
http://www.inlinetube.com/ has a bunch of preformed stainless and will custom duplicate lines as well.
--
Steve W.

"Shep" < snipped-for-privacy@capital.net> wrote in message
Making up replacement brake lines is no big deal . Get an good double flaring tool and follow directions . Takes a bit of practice knowing the proper length to flare but its not rocket science. Just remove old lines (may have to cut and hammer away ) and use as samples. I have not seen any stainless steel lines that I can recall, but I'm in Hd. mostly air systems. Good luck.
Rey