Buick 455 motor required

My neighbor's 1975 Electra 225 has been sitting for about a decade. He recently had it towed to a garage where he wanted them to get it running and replace the age old brake lines. So here is what they did. Rebuilt the carb.....jumped in the drivers seat and fired it up......and it actually started. But guess what happens with 10 years of oil drain off.....many moving parts + oil starvation= one or more spun bearing!! YEAH FUN!!! If the guys at the carage had listened to my neighbor...and attempted to prime the lubrication system...we would not be looking for a big block. Anyway...hope someone learns a little tid bit from this.

Anybody got, or knows a good place to score a crate motor?? He nor I have the time for a rebuild though I would LOVE to get my hands in there. Any help is appreciated.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman

Marky