Buick Century

I have an '87 Century, got it for free. Replaced the water pump, thermostat, put a new muffler and tailpipe on it. It overheated two weeks ago, didn't start till the next day and now has a bad knock
when I accelerate. It changes gears fine, but I had metallic flakes in my oil. Don't want it to be a rod! If thats it where do I get a motor? I'm in VA and theres none here.

I assume VA is Virginia. I looked for your year model Century in www.car-part.com and found that three engines were listed for that car. Running a search for the 3.8 litre engine, I found a ton of them.
Have a look