Buick Regal electric problem

Hi,

Buick Regal 93 3.8, when using LOCK button on any of the two front doors, the 15amp courtesy fuse blows, looks like a short to me, but where?

Remote control work for unlocking but not for locking, when I push the lock button, the courtesy light lit for about half a second and nothing append to the locks...normaly, the door are supposed to lock and courtesy lights should stay on for several seconds....

I noticed that the passenger side floor mat is soaked with water, any relation?

What I did so far:

Removed chime module with AutoDoorLock, no luck Reached the interior of right side dash via kickpanel in search of water evidence...none found.

Any clue?

Tia

Reply to
Fastload

Check wetness for anti-freeze, which would indicate a heater core gone bad, leaking into floorboard. Some, not great, possibility that wetness has shorted wiring to door locks & causing the fuses to blow. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

"sdlomi2" a écrit dans le message de news: yo1%e.10686$ snipped-for-privacy@fe06.lga...

Yeah, fortunatly, it's plain water, mind you, all this happened after a good rain...

Cant locate the source of the water infiltration...will do some more digging this weekend...

will take a closer look at the doorlock relay...

Reply to
Fastload