Climate Control Knobs on Cavaliers

I have a 2003 Cavalier. The climate control knob that switches the vents your heat and air come from has broke somehow. I cannot get the knob to turn and stay in position. Has anyone had this happen before? If so, how
do you go about fixing it and what about the cost? Thanks guys for your help!!
The knob is probably just a press on knob that has cracked or split. You can go to a Chevy dealer and buy a new one, it should just push on. The guys in the parts department will help you.

babydoll44 wrote:

Buy a new knob!
Thanks for your replies. However, the knob is fine. It is not cracked or anything. I'm pretty sure it is a spring or cable that does something that is behind the dash.

Well, this is what you originall posted...
"I have a 2003 Cavalier. The climate control knob that switches the vents your heat and air come from has broke somehow. I cannot get the knob to turn and stay in position. Has anyone had this happen before? If so, how do you go about fixing it and what about the cost? Thanks guys for your help!!"
... so it sounded like you had a broken knob. I haven't heard of this happening before but I'm sure it must have - at least once. Do you know anyone that is mechanically inclined? You could get a new control head from the junk yard and throw it in. I've never done it on that car, but it really shouldn't be that bad a job. It's one of those things you just start working your way through. If you don't have a friend who does this stuff then almost any garage could do it if you get the parts from the junk yard, or they can get new parts through the dealer. No idea on cost. You should be able to call the dealer and get a quote. Any local garage would be cheaper.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net