Climate control question

I bought a used 1996 328i. Every time I start the car the climate control comes on. I find this very annoying, is there a way I can turn off climate control so it doesn't automatically come on every time I start the engine?

Thanks

Reply to
John Smith

IIRC, no. However if it's the cold air that annoys until it warms up leave it on auto.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Assuming it operates like my '99 328i, the system starts up as it was when the ignition was turned off - with one exception: if the fan was turned off (system off), it comes on at the slowest speed setting when you next start the car. Outside of that, I hope you enjoy your car.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

On auto in my E39, the fan starts very low on a cold day with the fresh air vents closed. When the coolant reaches a usable temp, the fan speeds up till the interior gets up to the preset temp. Then the fresh air vents open. The fan then slows down to a quiet setting. All clever stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That is also how my E46 works. Where I live, the weather is nearly always too hot or too cold (except for a couple of days in spring or fall), so it is good that the unit works like that. Jim

Reply to
Jim