Cobalt 4th gear question

I have a 2007 Cobalt sedan with 2.2L engine and four-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. I rarely drive over 35mph and the 4th gear
engages at 40mph. Is it possible to change this to 35mph? The dealer said no! TIA.
Sudy Nim wrote:

And your dealer is correct!
--
Steve W.

Not only is the answer no, it may even give you poorer gas mileage if it was done. A lugging engine is not very economical and can wear faster.

could reduce speed to 38mph before it shifted back to 3rd gear. With the ever-increasing cost of gas I am obviously seeking to improve mileage and thought this might be a good approach. Appreciate your replies, thank you.