Chevy Cobalt

Is this model built on the same size chassis as the Ion?.Read it was,or,it looks like it is.

Reply to
sturg57

yeah there exactly the same front to back except for the body styling and the rear doors or lack there of on the cobalt. Oh yeah and the redline has a faster 1/4 mile cause its lighter

Reply to
richard soucie

Reportedly they actually built it right though to make it feel like a quality car with low NVH. My wife recently rented one and is used to driving much bigger and more expensive cars like a 300M and Toyota Avalon and she was impressed with the Cobalt compared to most of the crap National rents out.

Reply to
Art

What makes the ION lighter than the Cobalt?

I myself think the ION is butt ugly but the Cobalt SS is pretty nice.

Reply to
BANDIT2941

I think (or I thought I read) that the Cobalt SS (same blown ecotec as the red line) is faster than an ION Red Line because the Cobalt 2 door is lighter. Seem like he was saying the Red Line ION was faster than a non SS Cobalt.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Yeah I could see how the Cobalt SS would be a little lighter since its not a

3 door. I thought he was comparing the SS to the Redline though. Of course the Redline is faster than a normal Cobalt.

Reply to
BANDIT2941

"Jonnie Santos" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

With no options, the Cobalt SS is lighter than the ION Red Line. Fully loaded, the Rel Line is lighter.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

I never got around to driving one - saw a Red Line VUE yesterday in that wild lime green - still looks good (to me).

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Ah, the devil is in the detail - thanks Kevin.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

richard soucie

richard soucie

ok it split it up here is the fixed one

richard soucie

richard soucie

saturn.com/saturn/CompareVehicleController.dyn?nav=150&perform_comparison=Y& selected_model_id=7510&first_selected_year=2005&first_selected_make=Chevrole t&first_selected_model=4186&first_selected_trim=16162&second_selected_year=

Reply to
richard soucie

"richard soucie" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

you must mean in a straight line? because those cars will leave you in the dust around corners. So, just what have you done to make your Ion2 so fast?

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

There's a couple of sites that will make a more manageable URL out of a real long one.

Check out:

Jonnie Santos

Try making it like it is a reply ad "> " in front before pasting.

Works for me that way.

Reply to
blah blah

i paid $10,000 for it brand new (gotta love all the little discounts you can get out of the dealer if you know what you are doin) anyway turbo, 2.5" exhaust, coil overs, 18's with low profile z rated tires, lightweight alluminum flywheel, lightweight crank pully, strut tower brace, rear sway bar and upgraded to urathane bushings also got a short throw shifter, and i am currently working on changing the rears to discs. the thing out performs and out handles the redline except in the stopping department

so all together it cost me a little over 16k i forgot about my rims and coil overs when i gave you the 14k price

Reply to
richard soucie

Where'd you get your turbo from? Was it a kit like the one SMS has now, did you put it all together yourself or ? How much did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking?) I need some more punch after a run-in with an eclipse today.

Reply to
hoosier_drifter