Cobalt vs. G6

Read a review of Cobalt and it sounds like a real winner for GM.

I've seen the 2006's selling for as low as $9000 around here.

How do you think it might compare to a G6?

Reply to
John Bailo

A great little car with a number of performance options! It's selling really well in the Toronto market.

Compare how? Price wise? They are two very different size vehicles, so you really can't compare performance, ride, etc., because the G6 is a larger, different purpose vehicle. If you want to compare the Cobalt to a Pontiac, you'd have to look at the G5 Pursuit, which is available in Canada. Check it out:

Cool Jet

Hey, that's exactly what I want!

How come we don't have these in USA?!?

Reply to
John Bailo

Reply to
Bryan J. Lee

John, to be honest, I was really surprised when I found out that the G5 Pursuit wasn't available in the U.S. Particularly since it is built alongside the Cobalt at the GM plant in Lordstown, Ohio, I suspect that GM decided to use Canada as a test market. But the good news is that I just read an article that says the G5 is soon going to be sold in the U.S., although possibly not under the Pursuit name and only as a coupe model. Having said that, the coupe is really sweet. I talked to a young guy today who just purchased a new black Pursuit GT Coupe with a 171 horsepower 2.4L ECOTEC engine and it had beautiful standard 17" aluminum wheels and a 5 Speed Manual Getrag tranny! Man, it set my heart thumping! Here's a link to the news article I mentioned earlier in my post:

Cool Jet

I'll trade you 2 G5's for a GTO!!

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

What, no supercharged 2.0? pfft.....

Reply to
Paradox

Since they're made at the Cobalt plant, that would seem to be a logical next-step.

Reply to
Cool Jet

Since they're made at the Cobalt plant, that would seem to be a logical next-step.

Reply to
Cool Jet

It is coming to the USA in about a year. They will be available soon.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Blazanovic

The G5 only seems like an overpriced Cobalt. Nothing new or really different--seems to be the GM way. Kinda like the Lincolns....gussied up Fords.

Reply to
Bob

???? What an odd comment. Since the G5 Pursuit is only sold in Canada at present, it has to be assumed that your comment is directed at Canadian prices. To correct your misconception, I am attaching links to the Canadian sites for both Chevy and Pontiac. I think that you will find that if you compare similar options in either the Cobalt or Pursuit that you will find that the prices are identical. For example, you will note that the Cobalt Sedan or Coupe SS base price is $ 21,195 and the Pursuit GT Sedan or Coupe is an identical $ 21,195.

Cool Jet

I'm not debating your pricing as you are correct. However, when it comes to the US, the Pontiac prices will probably be higher to distinguish the product line. The best example of this is to look at the current Mailbu and the G6. The G6 is built on the same chassis as the Malibu. Look at the center stack of the console as it is almost identical to the Chevy. Then look at the prices...Pontiacs run higher and their used prices are higher also. But, it's still the same chassis, same V-6, same transmission. And if the trend continues with GM, it will lag in sales.

Reply to
Bob