Continued problems with 90 Reatta

I have been tolerating this 90 Reatta for a while, and thought I was making progress, but suddenly this bad boy has resumed its old ways.
There are two basic problems (besides the obvious...that it was made in the
dark ages of automotive electronics, and Buick engineers tried to do too much with too little)
First is the security key problem. More often than not, it will not start on the first try. It will not crank over, nothing. I had had the security system bypassed, and it was working perfectly, but suddenly it is back as before. I will have to check the resistor bypass, and see if that is the issue. This one, I think, is easy to solve.
The second issue is harder. I have a new battery, new cables, good starter and good alternator. BUT, if I leave the car standing for a few days, I come back and the battery may (or may not) be flat. I checked the residual current and after the systems reset (within a few seconds) the current drops to 30 ma. But I suspect that something is activating periodically AFTER shutdown, and drains the battery with time.
I can start the painful process of removing the connections to the wiring 'tree' one thing at the time, but this could take forever. Intermittent problems are a bitch, aren't they?
Any suggestions appreciated. (Just listening to my tale of woe is also appreciated)
I'd disconnect the power antenna relay, and I believe there is retained accessory power relay, could be wrong on this check it out, if so they were troublesome also for GM.

-

were
Thanks Shep... There is indeed a RPA system, and an antenna relay. I can start there.
I had a similar problem on an 89 Regal, and took me a long time to find it. The battery would run down overnight but there was normally no unusual drain. I finally caught it in progress and it turned out to be the relay that operated the seat belt retractors.

i didnt realize they started using a RAP that far back. shame they hadnt thought of battery drain protect at the same time............kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

Unfortunately, this little car was somewhat ahead of its time. It is a two seater, essentially hand built. Was pretty expensive for that time, I believe in the range of $35-50000.. Not totally sure.
It is, I guess, a sister car to the Cadillac Allante.
It has a number of active systems... Teves brakes, body attitude control, engine control module, lighting control, air conditioning control, etc....
It is a heck of a fun car to drive, but this stone age attempt at space age electronics can make you pull your hair out.

My Grand Prix's (1992 and 1991) kept the interior lights on for 30 seconds or so after I got out of the car. I went out to a dead battery several times, sometimes even after making sure the lights were off before going inside. At times they would turn themselves on at random and drain the battery. Don't know if your Buick has the same system though.