90 Lincoln Suspension Problems

I recently purchased a '90 Continental in great shape. Problem is, there is a leak in the air suspension system. I've heard horror stories about these systems. Rather than try and replace the leaking strut or struts, I've decided to replace them with the Monroe replacement shocks and springs. Has anyone done this? Is it very difficult? I am just a weekend mechanic. Is the ride better, worse, or the same? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Mario

Reply to
chooch

Check these links out:

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

I replaced my front air bags with ones from a Sable, not too hard to do. Still have the air bags in the rear. I was told that you need to do some drilling to to change out the rears.

Brian

Reply to
Brian