Damn That Dexcool...sprung another leak

Page 3 of 3

Better to relay what you *know*, rather than all the fairy tales you've heard.
So

How do you know?? Seems to me, the jury is still out on those engines.
Dave
Maccaca wrote:

It is questionable if the famous GM intake manifold leaks are caused by Dexcool or if they are an independent design problem.
Certainly something is wrong!
John

Got nothing to do with the Dexcool and everything to do with crappy gasket design.

Front cover leaks on this engine have been common since the 1980 model year.

The fact that after two oil compromising coolant leaks the engine isn't totally seized is due to Dexcool not having any silicates which would have torn hell out of the engine bearings.

Another sucker looking to line some lawyers pockets and settle for a discount coupon for himself...
I agree there is nothing wrong with dex cool..it is just the crappy gasket's...I have a 99 GA se2 and i have never had any problemes with this and the car has more miles on it than yours does...being a car that drives 200 miles every weekend to visit familiy...and i dont do a very vigerous Pm. Its so sad that our society is so quick to sue without the facts. Automobiles arent ment to last for eternity and have a breaking point just like everything else.

Sounds to me like that Sucker is just trying to reclaim part of his $1500 in unneccesary repairs that should never have happened.

Yeeeeeah... At 130K miles.

Yeeeah ....at 80K miles...and 131k miles.