Engine Light

2000 LeSabre w/3800 and 144K. Car was running fine. Next start came with engine light and rough operation. Obviously missing power on some cylinders; but still drivable. I had a scan done which came back as a
300 series code;* Misfire on multiple cylinders*. Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

You will get that code if the dammittohell plenum decomposes and leaks coolant into the cylinder. I think this model is still susceptible.
jwald wrote:

It would be very helpful to know which cylinders.

2 & 5. Read my update post. Thanks.
Sounds to me like is it time for a set of wires

Update. I'm running on 4 cylinders. I pulled the coil wires and found the 2&5 coil dead. The other 2 coils sparked when the wires were pulled; not 2&5. I installed a new coil with no change. I switched coils positions and they worked fine. I guess I bought a coil I didn't need. It seems as thought the middle coil position is not receiving power. Can the ignition module power 2 coils and not the third? Any ideas? Thanks.
jwald wrote:

Yes. That exact thing happened on my 3.3 (same as the 3.8 but smaller). When you replace the ign mod, make sure you use lots of heat sink compound on the mod. Then use dielectic grease on everything else. Heat is the big ign mod and coil killer.