Front End Noise in Regal

I have a 1995 Regal 3.8 with 212 K that has developed a particularily nasty noise in the front end. Two mechanics told me the front end is tight. It sounds like ball joint noise to me . I was under the car
both times with the mechanics as they were prying and poking etc. I wonder if it could be the strut mounts. I've owned Buicks enough to know when it isn't obvious it is probably a mount making noise. Any thoughts. Thanks

What is the "particularly nasty noise"? Is it a grind, a thump, a creak? Worn bearings on the top of the struts will cause any or all of those.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

bv

So...
What does a "really bad ball joint sound like to you"? You are not describing things but you expect advise.
You "guess a thump"? Is it a thump or not?
Then you go on to suspect bearings or a strut. Maybe you should just fix this yourself and not post to the group.
If you can't describe the symptoms, how do you expect any real advise from anyone?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
I was simply asking you about the bearings you mentioned. I was not aware that struts hat bearings

Had bearings I meant

Yeahbut... I don't want to assume what you may mean by your description. It's not very definitive. Try to describe the noise again.
As for the strut bearings - yup, they are on the top of the strut and bear between the strut tower and the strut so that when you turn there is a bearing surface to carry the rotation. It's easy enough to get the struts out, but you'll need someone with a strut compressor to actually replace the bearings - it that's the problem.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
R.I.P