gm 3.1 v6

swapping motors, can a 1994 3.1 v6 from a baretta be used to replace a 1998 3.1 v6 on an olds cutlass. the engines look to be identical but are the transmission bolt
patterns the same, steve, chan4565@hotmail,com
they should be the same.

All the sensors and computer harnesses and pcm will have to be changed ,also the pcm from the 98 necessary to operate an obd 11 engine will not operate the 94 trans, you may get away with just the basic longblock with a swap of your intake ( which is different) and all the peripherals, I wouldn't recomment this option.

-

I agree, different generation engines, definitely not a good idea. You're going to want at least a 96 engine in there (a real 3100, not just the 3.1 MFI) IMO.
-GV