1994 Lumina 3.1 timing.

The distributor was leaking oil really bad so I pulled the distributor out after I marked the lower block to distributor to align it right. Well I put it back in and it is out a tooth I think but got it going.. after some farting around it starts and runs fine so I assume it is correct.. What is the true way to time it ?.. I know some GM vehicles have a wire you unplug and the vehicle goes into loop mode and you set to 0 and then turn off and plug it back in...

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

Why does your '94 Lumina have a distributor?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie
3.1 has a distributor like the 4.3/5.0/5.7 tbi units of old chev trucks.. My
Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

There was no distrubitor on the 3.1's in my 1991 and 1992 Grand Prix's.

Reply to
80 Knight

OMG I know what a distibutor looks like. It has one and yes Lumian VAN !!! had one. the cars had multi port injection 2.8, 3.1 then 3100 sfi 3400 sfi

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

OMG IM SO SORY, OK THX BYE

Try to spell check, and don't get your panties in a twirl. I still think you are incorrect too.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

I am not angry in the slightest. Neither of my 3.1's had a distributor. Perhaps next time you will state up front that your vehicle is actually a Lumina Van, as opposed to the Lumina car. As for spell checking, that's only common courtesy, regardless of where you are posting too.

Reply to
80 Knight