Headlight bulbs

I thinking of changing the bulbs on my '87 Coupe DeVille to Silver-Stars. Each lense is still clear, but I'm wondering if the new bulbs run hotter and if that will affect the lense? I've been advised
to not 'clean' the interior of the lense other than to just wipe it with a clean/wet cloth...
Dave S(Texas)

There is a guy, Daniel Stern, who used to post a lot on these groups. He has a very informative website, and - although I dont alway like his way of talking to people - I believe he is one of the best authorities and has most relevant information about automobile lighting.
www.danielsternlighting.com
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nix wrote:

Hi...
Daniel just within the last few days sent a detailed headlight cleaning instruction message in rec.auto.makers.chrysler; if you can read that group at least temporarily and go back a bit it's there :)
Take care.
Ken
Thank you for the replies, I appreciate the information
Dave S(Texas)
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Not as long as the wattage remains stock

No.
My advice would be to clean the lens/reflector only by swishing some distilled water around inside there and then drying with a warm (not hot) hair dryer.
Clean the bulb, if you happen to touch the glass, with a lint-free cloth dampened in rubbing alcohol.
I second the other poster's recommendation to check out Daniel Stern's web site for advice on all things lighting related.
good luck
nate