Changing bulbs on Megane?

Does anyone know if it is easy to change the bulbs on a Megane, what type of bulb they take and how you can do it? I have a rear right light not working. I have heard that the fronts are quite difficult to change and some people have to take off the bumper to do it?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

John ( snipped-for-privacy@shi.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which shape of Megane?

What's the handbook say?

Reply to
Adrian

The message from John contains these words:

Headlight, tail, side, indicator, indicator repeater, brake, fog, reversing, front fog, numberplate - any light in particular?

Reply to
Guy King

It's a 53 reg (2004) Megane so not the recent facelift but not the old one.

It is the right rear red light. Only the left one lights up. The right rear is the fog light on my Megane and that works fine, just the regular one on that side doesn't. It might be called the tail light? I'm not too clued up yet when it comes to cars.

Will it tell me how to do it in the manual for my car? And do you know if they would have spare bulbs in the boot anywhere or would I have to buy some? I can't do it right now because of the heavy wind and rain.

If it's too difficult to do though I'll probably just take it to the local Renault place and pay them to do it. I'm sure I have read somewhere that it is extremely difficult to replace the ones at the front and you might have to remove part of the bumper and even wheels to do it???

Thanks for your help

John

Reply to
John

John wrote in news:d4l1m2lvrd8trvmv92e86c5ml1vu8kvlif@

4ax.com:

I was in Halfords today, and they had a menu of things. £2.99 to fit your wipers, and £7.99 to change your headlight bulbs. I couldn't see a disclaimer, but then I wasn't really interested, this post just reminded me of the list. rear lights were £2.99, I think, but I wouldn't guarantee it said that. I would love to see what they do with one of these cars where you have to dismantle half the front to fit a head light bulb.

Reply to
Tunku