High oil pressure: 3.8 V6 Chevy

My oil pressure gauge reads fine at idle and when accelerating or decelerating: 45 to 60 psi. but cruising at highway speed the gauge will show 100 to 120 psi. Anybody have any ideas? I am going to try a new sending unit.

1993 Chevy Lumina APV 185,000 miles

Thanks

Reply to
Bob Chappuis

Bob,

That's where I would start. Try the sender first.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude

Good idea, or try a mechanical gauge to see what's really happening.

Regrads, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts