Keyless entry on 2000 Sonoma???

I recently purchased a 2000 Sonoma SLS. It has power windows, power locks, and power mirrors. I suspect that this truck has remote keyless entry capability but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me what to look for to
determine if this truck had/has this feature?
If it does, how do I go about getting a remote "key" fob that will work with it?
Thanks
David

All you have to do is look at the RPO codes and I think keyless entry is either AU0 or AX3. The codes could probably in your glovebox.

Thanks,
The AU0 RPO code is noted on the sticker in the glovebox. That's the remote/keyless entry code.
Now -- can anyone tell if I can get the remote transmitter replaced or will I need to buy both the transmitter and receiver as a unit?
Thanks in advance.
David

I think that you can get just the transmitter but the dealer will have to program it since that'll be only transmitter.
If or when you purchase a transmitter, this is how you program it.... Bobo 1.. With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. 2.. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 3.. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. 4.. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 5.. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. 6.. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode: 1.. Locking the doors 2.. Unlocking the doors
Important All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, the old transmitters will be deactivated.
7.. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner: 1.. Locking the doors. 2.. Unlocking the doors. 8.. Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter. 9.. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode. 10.. In order to reprogram the remote control door lock transmitter with a scan tool, refer to Scan Tool instructions. Memory Seat Recall Programming 1.. Adjust the driver seat to the desired position. 2.. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard. 3.. Press the desired position switch labeled 1 or 2. Within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch, a chime confirmation will be heard. 4.. Press the UNLOCK button on the desired transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch. A chime confirmation will be heard. a.. The transmitter (key fob) is now programmed with the desired position switch. Pressing the transmitter UNLOCK button will cause a recall request to be initiated and the seat will adjust to position 1 or 2. b.. The stored memory positions may be changed without having to reprogram the transmitter. c.. The transmitter feature is available in all ignition positions. Memory Seat Recall Unprogramming 1.. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard. 2.. Press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch. 3.. Do not press any memory switch or power adjustment for 5 seconds. Pressing a switch will cancel the unprogramming event and the transmitter will remain programmed. a.. The transmitter (key fob) is now unprogrammed and pressing the UNLOCK button will not effect memory seat operation. b.. No chime confirmation will be heard when the UNLOCK button is pressed if the transmitter is unprogrammed.

All right, I may be thinking of a different group for the dealer programming it.
You need a transmitter, and then the vehicle needs to be programmed to accept it. This should be how to do it:
With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode: Locking the doors Unlocking the doors Important: All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, the old transmitters will be deactivated. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner: Locking the doors. Unlocking the doors. Repeat last step for each additional transmitter. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Thanks,
I've got a transmitter on order.