Keyless entry on 2000 Monte Carlo

Hi all,

I have a question about remote keyless entry - I recently purchased this car and it did not come with the keyless entry option (I checked - no code AU0 on the option sheet). However, it does have electric door and trunk locks, and also, if I go in to the setup mode on the stereo/cd player, it does show up option "FOB PROG Function" (option 11). So, my question is this - is the car ready for keyless, and to get it, do I just need to get the receiver and a FOB? Or is something additional required? I was hoping to find the parts to do this at a salvage yard and do it as cheaply as possible.

TIA,

David

Reply to
David Peasley

The BCM can accomodate the keyless entry, but I believe you have to add a relay and run some wiring.

Reply to
hyundaitech