keyless remote 97 buick

We purchased a 97 Buick lesabre this summer. It came with only one keyless remote and that did not work. I changed the battery in it and reprogrammed
it by holding the lock button and turning the key on and off 5 (I think) times. It worked for a couple weeks we dropped the keys and it stopped. I found the clip that holds the battery in the remote broke. I hope to get a new remote, but that is not my problem
After reprogramming the truck open button on the remote or the button on dash stopped working. I assume this has something to do with the reprogramming. I tried to reprogram but still the same the truck open will not work. The bypass button inside the glove box is in the on position.