LeSabre code 1406

96 Buick LeSabre shows a code of 1406. It said EGR value printel position was 10% of the expected position. Probable cause 1. Failed EGR valve 2. Open
or short circuit condition.
The check engine light went out and has not come back on. My thinking is this eliminates the open or short circuit. Someone told me I should take the EGR off and clean it would carb cleaner.
Any ideas?
Give it a try but usually this indicates a bad egr.

Was hoping you would say clean and drive LOL. This is a big buck item for me.

Mike,
Very true, and the funny part of those Linear EGR valve failures is it isn't the valve part that fails but the Position Sensor (usually the resistance element itself goes bad, a similar condition to the oil pressure gauge sensors in '80s~90s GM cars). I've replaced a few of those including just recently the one in my personal '94 Regal with a 3800.
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA