oil leaking

96 Buick LeSabre with 3.8 II. 108,000 miles. Just started an oil leak on the fire wall side of the engine. I can see it is above the oil pan. My question is with the problems of intake gaskets do they leak coolant or oil?
Reply to
Tim

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

Gaskets often leak coolant down the side of the engine. They could leak internally, if I am still lucid at this time of the day.

The plenum decomposition can be a different issue, and may leak coolant into the cylinders or crankcase. (Been there, done that)

If you have an OIL leak down the side of the engine, try to get a mirror or something and see if you can isolate the source. A valve cover gasket is one possible issue.

I posted previously that I had identified an oil pressure sensor as the oil leaking source. There are a number of other possibilities.

Please let us know what you resolve.

Reply to
HLS