Need shocks/struts on 97 GA..what to get??

I want to smooth out th bumps what shocks/struts are suggested to smooth out the bumps. Monroes aint going to do it...any suggestions?

B Powers, International Man of Mystery wrote:

The list of shock makers is almost endless. Do not get gas charged mono tube shocks. Do not get any sort of performance shock. Do not get heavy duty shocks. Do not get Monroe. Get ordinary dual tube double valve shocks.
" Paul " <"=?x-user-defined?Q??= Paul

What brand and model do you suggest?
What's wrong with Monroe? What do you recommend instead?
On Tue, 09 May 2006 02:37:59 GMT, " Paul " <" Paul

Buster wrote:

Good shocks: Koni, KYB, Bilstein, Tokico. I don't know if they make soft ones - you may want to check to see if they do. I don't have soft shocks on my own vehicles and get gas charged single piston types. Rides like a large truck but handles very well. The last time I decided to try Monroe gas shocks one front strut was leaking in the box, the other would not extend. I took all 4 back and got Gabriels - the price was right for the higher end Gabs for my old car. That was my second bad experience with Monroe. Never again.

smooth out

I had some Monroe sensa tracs, they rode smooth until you hit a bumb.