97 tj need shocks

I am setting a 97 TJ up for snow plowing.Just installed a fisher minute mount and after asking here settled on some BFG AT's 30-9.5-15.15 tires to give me some traction.Next thing that needs some work is the suspension. Getting a big time front end sag with the plow on it. Wont be going off road with the plow on that's for sure.

What have you seen to level the suspension out? Air shocks come to mind but don't know about having them on the front. I do some light off roading with this rig during the summer so need something with road and trail manners.

Gene

Reply to
Gene fxdl

Gene fxdl did pass the time by typing:

can you fit air bags?

Air adjustable shocks won't level the load, they only get tighter or looser but have no effect on ride height.

If the fronts are coil, spring boosters might work but I'm not too trusting in them.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Mike T

There are different options depending on the amount of sag yo have on the TJ & Plow set-up. You could use coil spring spacers. They're commonly available p to 1 3/4 inches. I've even seen some advertised that are 4 inches long.

The other option is to put coils from a ZJ on your TJ. I just them on my wifes TJ this morning and ended up with 3 inches of lift. And yes I did replace the shocks with longer ones.

Mike

98 TJ SE
Reply to
GzrGlide