Need to Change Celebrity Engine Mounts

I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated. I would like to change them myself but I have a question. How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out? I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan. I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out. It does not show where to jack it up. Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences? Thanks in advannce for any help you can offer me.
Bob in Colorado.
If the pan is not rusted and you use an appropriate piece of wood between the pan and the jack, because it is only necessary to lift or support the engine a slight amount, this should not be a problem.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3>I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated.&nbsp; I would like to change them myself but I have a question.&nbsp; How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out?&nbsp; I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan.&nbsp; I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out.&nbsp; It does not show where to jack it up.&nbsp; &nbsp;Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences?&nbsp; Thanks in advannce for any help you can offer me.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3>Bob in Colorado.</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thanks for the reply Shep. The pan is not rusted and I have tried the bolts for the mounts and they are not frozen, so it shouldn't be that difficult a job. I don't know how heavy the engine is, and the maintenance manual does not have any pictures showing where to place the jack to lift the engine. That is my only fear. To spread the load a piece of wood between the pan and the jack would definitely be a good idea.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3>I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated.&nbsp; I would like to change them myself but I have a question.&nbsp; How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out?&nbsp; I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan.&nbsp; I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out.&nbsp; It does not show where to jack it up.&nbsp; &nbsp;Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences?&nbsp; Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3>Bob in Colorado.</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Find someone with an engine hoist and keep the motor lifted from the top....
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3>I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated.&nbsp; I would like to change them myself but I have a question.&nbsp; How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out?&nbsp; I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan.&nbsp; I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out.&nbsp; It does not show where to jack it up.&nbsp; &nbsp;Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences?&nbsp; Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3>Bob in Colorado.</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML> ------=