Engine mounts

The rear engine mounting rubber bush in my Toyota is worn.

The replacement from the manufacturer appears to include the bracket with the rubber bush bonded-in.

What are the potential disadvantages (and even advantages, if any) of obtaining the right size polyurethane bush and using that as a replacement?

Or are there any suppliers of 'universal' rubber bushes for this purpose?

Reply to
Mark W

none, none and none,

look sharif or whatever, you make so much money off me in ur taxi u can afford the main dealer item, fix it or I shall jump in the nearest omega, tis more comfy in the back anyhoo.....

Reply to
Theo

I'm gonna need this one explaining to me i think...

Reply to
Dan405

All Toyota's are taxi's dan :) usually driven by someone of an Ethnic Minority, does that help

Reply to
Ronny

Nah... You're thinking of Nissan Cherrys.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

Nah, used to be Bluebirds and Sunnies, but now it tends to be Pug 405 GRD's (at least round our way, white with black bonnets).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Thats 'cos they're awesome :) Got in one that had done 350k once, was a little plastered so started asking questions, the guy had worked with the company for years, he said it was still on its original engine and turbo, probly due to never been thrashed, it had had one clutch changed and aside for a healthy diet for brake pads (it was only ever really used in town) it was fine :)

Reply to
Dan405