No heat in '95 Park Ave Ultra

The AC works fine, but no heat in the winter. Where should I begin tracking this down? I assume there is a heater valve in the hose from the engine cooling
system, but I can't see it.
TIA
Ed

Antifreeze level? Thermostat? Air bubble in the cooling system?
There have been a ton of questions like this over the past few weeks or months. DAGS a bit and you'll find a ton of suggestions and ideas.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Yup - Do A Google Search (DAGS). Like I said, there's just been a ton of discussion lately about this very sort of problem so I'm sure you can quickly find a handful of ideas to get you headed in the right direction.
Like you say, that thermostat will likely have to go. 10 years - that's record book stuff. Frame that sucker. Put tiny hands on it and make it a wall clock.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
There is no heater control valve, the auto temp system controls a temp door thru a programmer that mixes the air on demand, hot water is always running thru the heater core, first of all see if both heater hoses are hot.

-
Thanks, Shep. Just checked them and both are hot.
What's the typical failure mode for the flaps? Is there a vacuum actuator that fails, or is it more likely the programmer? What do I have to take apart to check it out?
TIA
Ed

Ed wrote:

Water valves were done away with in the mid 1970's. If the hoses are hot, then water is circulating. Therefore, it's a door.