1999 Jeep grand cherokee NO Heat!!

I have no heat at all. Driver, passenger nor the defrost. Dealers states that its my blend doors and the dash needs to come off to replace. did some research and thats true, BUT I thought the defrost has nothing to do with the drv/pass heat.

Anyone ?

Reply to
99wj

I would be check the level of the fluid in the radiator. Low coolant is usually the fist suspect in no heat.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Unless the '99 has a different system than used on our '93, the defrost heat comes from the same place as does the passenger heat. Just comes out a different hole. Now if you are talking about the defroster in the rear window glass, that's all electric.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

A friend had a mid-seventies Duster he wanted to unload. He took off the oil pan and one of the connecting rod caps, welding that piston to the cylinder wall. I forget what he told me he did, to block the oil passage in the crank. Then he routed the heater hoses to the evaporator of the non-functional air conditioning.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton