Overheard This @ Chevy Today

Went to the dealer my buddy works at, had to order an actuautor spring for the RR brake, damn thing broke with only 270,000 miles on it.......anyway.
A black couple drive into the service dept with a S-10 Blazer 4X4. Its experiencing rough idle, but still runs where it's not stalling.
The black couple tells the Service Rep ( a white dude ) its a 1989 Blazer. He goes over to look at it, they open the hood and there's a carburator on the 2.8 engine.
Rep -This isn't an 89 .
Lady - Oh yes it is !
Rep - No its not, its older than that. If it was an 89 it would have a throttle body on it not a carburator.
Lady - ( rather loudly says ) Mister, I been driving this M----- F---er since 1989 !
The Rep walks away from her ready to fallover with laughter. Good Wrenches are looking around cracking up. The black guy from the parts department guy goes over and gets the vin # off the Blazer. Looks under the hood and says " It does have a carb on it "!? . Some of the Good Wrenches are shouting out, but keeping it muffled different years they think the truck is.
A quick check of the vin # reveals the truck to be a 1984 not an 1989.
Parts Guy - Ma'am your truck is a 1984.
Lady - Uh uh, Its an 89, that's what the title says.
Parts Guy - I'm not arguing about that, but according to the VIN # that truck is an 84. An 89 would have fuel injection not a carburator.
The lady looks at the parts guy puzzled.
Harryface - " Sounds like your Title has a Typo in it ".
The ladys just looks at me.
One of the Good Wrenches came over after looking at the Blazer and figures the Idle Control Solenoid is not working right. So the parts guy looks up the part number in the computer.
The computer screen read :
Idle Control Solenoid - DISCONTINUED.
Parts Guy - Ma'am I'm sorry but the part has been discontinued.
Lady - What !?
Parts Guy - It's nolonger availble, your best bet would be to try some of the local salvage yards.
Lady - Rolling her eyes, waving her hand in the air, she spins around on her heel saying, " Alright ".
And with that her & her man get into the Blazer and drive out of the Service Dept.
Harryface - " Mister , Why is that M----- F---ing part discontinued !? Its only 20 M----- F---ing years old ! ".
LOL - the boys had a good laugh today.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
A hilarious story for sure, thanks for sharing!
It makes me wonder though, I can understand them discontinuing the door trims or dash or such but the idle control solenoid? Can you get one at a real parts store?
___________________________________________________ People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf......George Orwell.

Had one the other day I overheard from another shop... Dude was watching his truck being worked on at the dealership....you know from a distance.. saw the tech carrying shocks over to the truck and started going about changing them..the guy walks over and started to chat a little, then got really agitated real fast.. Asked the tech what the HELL he was going to do with those gas shocks... the tech said "putting them in your truck, your old ones are tottally shot".The guy said "The hell you are!!!! those are gas shocks and my truck is a diesel!!!!....... from what I understand the tech had to run away and hide for a good chuckle,left the customer just standing there... after the tech calmed down he got the SM and told him.. after he picked himself up off the floor and calmed down, the SM proceded into the shop and calmly gave the customer a little education on shocks.... ..Wish I was there for that........ Bobo

Both of these are great stories. I am sure all auto repair staffers (techs and service writers alike) have heard some really good ones over time. This could be an interesting thread. Roy

So then, no parts after 19 years?? Huh? Since when,.........? <LOL>

!?
Old diesel chevy pickup comes in because the wait-to-start light won't go out. Had to explain to the owner that the previous owner had removed the diesel and installed a gasoline 350 olds.