Pontiac G6 Stereo

I have a '05 Pontiac G6, I would like to replace the factory stereo. My ultimate dream is to put a touch screen in place of the stereo which then would be hooked to a small computer for music, video, gaming, etc.
The problem is, the factory display is also used for mileage, oil, trip, various settings. I am wondering is there is a way to input that information into a computer, this way I would not lose any features, they would simply be displayed on the new touch screen. If you have any information, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Josh