Programming 2001 Buick Century Keyless Entry Tag

Hi,
I have a brand new keyless entry tag for my 2001 Buick Century and I need info on how to program it.
thanks,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
here's what i found:
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.
Install a scan tool. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Use the scan tool in order to access the Body Control Module (BCM) Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.
Important The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 15 seconds, the horn will chirp three times in order to confirm the programming of that transmitter. Remove the scan tool. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
good luck
paul
Paul,
From what you have stated, a scan tool is essential in the programming of the keyless tags. I guess that since I do not have a scan tool, I am forced to go to the GM Dealer and pay for this service. On my 2002 Camry book, it tells you step by step how to add another keyless tag.

lock
the
in
XXXXX wrote:

I don't believe that the 2002 Camry book applies to a 2001 Buick Century!
---Bob Gross---
Bob,
I am aware that the Camry programming procedures will not be consistant with the Buick. I am just stating that the Camry manual does show how to do this and the Buick manual makes no reference.

forced
it
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the keyless entry tag from.... I've lost one of mine and need to find a replacement !!!
Thanks

I went to the dealer where I bought my car from and their parts dept had the items in stock. <Peter> wrote in message wrote:

the
Yikes! Most dealers want $30-$100 for these remotes. I have purchased several new/like new remotes off eBay for $10-$15. I'm not sure about the '01 Century because the remotes changed a bit along during that time, but up through '99 at least, they can be programmed using the door lock switch, ignition key, and all remotes that will be programmed.
Roger