Programming 2001 Buick Century Keyless Entry Tag

Hi,

I have a brand new keyless entry tag for my 2001 Buick Century and I need info on how to program it.

thanks,

Reply to
XXXXX

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

here's what i found:

All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Install a scan tool. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Use the scan tool in order to access the Body Control Module (BCM) Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.

Important The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 15 seconds, the horn will chirp three times in order to confirm the programming of that transmitter. Remove the scan tool. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

good luck

paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul,

From what you have stated, a scan tool is essential in the programming of the keyless tags. I guess that since I do not have a scan tool, I am forced to go to the GM Dealer and pay for this service. On my 2002 Camry book, it tells you step by step how to add another keyless tag.

Reply to
XXXXX

I don't believe that the 2002 Camry book applies to a 2001 Buick Century!

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Bob,

I am aware that the Camry programm> >From what you have stated, a scan tool is essential in the programming of

Reply to
XXXXX

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the keyless entry tag from.... I've lost one of mine and need to find a replacement !!!

Thanks

Reply to
Peter

Reply to
XXXXX

Yikes! Most dealers want $30-$100 for these remotes. I have purchased several new/like new remotes off eBay for $10-$15. I'm not sure about the '01 Century because the remotes changed a bit along during that time, but up through '99 at least, they can be programmed using the door lock switch, ignition key, and all remotes that will be programmed.

Roger

Reply to
zroger73