Re: Impala question

Passing this along to the GM NG. There is a larger knowledge base over there.

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:00:50 -0400, "James C. Reeves"

of needlenose pliers, a crescent wrench, 5/8" open-end wrench, and a 1/2" open-end wrench. Filter is located about the center of the left-hand side, just under the edge.
Just be aware of fire hazard; you WILL drop some gasoline out (just a few tablespoons.) Do in a well-ventilated area, have some rags handy.
Spend the money you save on a Haynes or Chilton's manual.
-= Larry A.
James C. Reeves wrote:

Maximum labour charge would 1/2 hr. Whatever that translates into dollars in your neck of the woods. Anyone who knows what they are doing can do this in 15 minutes....including driving the vehicle into the shop and out. Don't compare Autozone prices to the dealer prices. No doubt the GM filter is way pricier then $8.
Ian
Ian
I had my 02 LS's fuel filter replaced last year at my dealer for less than 40 bucks. The price on the filter itself was 19.95.

Now, 40 bucks is more than reasonable!
-= Larry A.