Repairing aluminum

One of the coolant passages between the head and lower intake has corroded away in one spot causing the gasket to not seal and coolant to leak.
Has anyone successfully repaired aluminium porosity/corrosion with some sort
of aftermarket paste? If so, which paste?
Steve
I encountered this when resealing the intake manifold on a 1997 chevy 1500 pickup. I used black RTV directly on the head in this area when putting the new gaskets in place. It sealed up just fine.
Chris