Repairing or Replacing the Digital instrument panel on a 1988 Chevy Beretta GT

I have a 1988 Chevy Beretta GT that has the digital instrument panel with the lights constantly blinking when I turn them on. I talked with a friend who use to work for the local Chevrolet dealership as a
mechanic and he said that these digital instrument panels were a factory recall.
Has anyone attempted or succeeded in replacing this digital instrument panel after the factory defective part recall expired?
Another question is does anyone know where I can find the part number of the factory recall of the replacement digital instrument panel, in case the local car salvage yard has one?