To program 2003 Buick key??

I have a 2003 Buick LeSabre Custom. Bought a key blank, and had it cut to open doors & trunk. How do I program the key to work in the ignition? Can anybody provide a step-by-step series of buttons to press,
or do I have to pay a dealer to do this? Thanks!
The owners manual in my 99 Venture has the procedure for it. Did you check your manual?

Strangely enough, though the '03 Buick has the same Pass-Key III anti-theft system as the Venture, the keys don't appear to be user-programmable on it..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
You need a GM Tech 2 scan tool to do it, so you pretty much have to take it to the dealer..

Thank you for the info. It worked! I didn't believe it would be so simple. Wonder what a dealer would have charged?
we usually add keys for a customer for free as long as they are nice,polite, and thank us when we are done... the ones that come up swearing about the cost of the key they just bought from the parts dept, and try and demand we program it for free,they usually pay or leave without it being done...it is specified how to do it in the owners manual after all...

Bobo wrote:

Fewer drivers will ever read the owners manual these days. I'm convinced that there is a job opportunity for some people... be in the business of reading correct information out of an owners manual.
I'm just the opposite. When I got my most recent GM car, I read the owners manual, and then I read or browsed the Helm service manuals.
---Bob Gross---