Transmission swap

I was thinking of replacing the TH350 tansmission in my conversion van with a 700r4. Recently I discover my differential gear ratio is 2.8 and I was
wondering how well this would work with overdrive transmission. I m thinking the OD may only be useful when I am going downhill. The 700R4 does have lower low gears than the 350 that would help getting this beast moving and lockup torgue converter. This alone may make it worth while, at least thats what Im thiking now.
in order to do the swap over with no problems the vehicle must have a 9 inch extension housing <tail housing> the dipstick and detent cable are different too.the detent cable must be connected on the 700 because unlike the 350 which is basically just controlling passing gear the 700 detent controls throttle pressure and passing gear.if the vehicle has a 6 inch extension housing on the trans then you will have to have the driveshaft cut down approx 3 inches....otherwise you will improve lower end take off power and fuel economy.hopefully your vehicle has a lock up 350 trans and you wont have to modify the solenoid for the trans to get lock up ..hope this helps