Update on missing AVG icon

My AVG icon as I stated is missing from the taskbar but I can still access AVG (for scheduling and checking for viruses etc) in the start menu, Is this
OK? Thank you for your help on this matter.
Ed wrote:

That is NOT ok. Icon's don't just disappear for no reason. I urge you to take it to your tech before it is too late.

Actually, it is common for an icon to disappear, especially in Windows XP, if they have that 'craptacular' "hide inactive icons" feature on. If you don't, then there is likely a spot in the AVG Control Menu or whatever that lets you display, or not display the taskbar Icon. But, I have no clue what has been going on with this conversation from the beginning, so I am sorry if I have missed anything. Just trying to help. :)
--
80Knight
(1991 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Sedan)

Thanks, I forgot about that one :)